» Adjustment to Divorce / Family Changes
Adjustment to Divorce / Family Changes
For children, divorce can be stressful, sad, and confusing. At any age, children may feel uncertain or angry at the prospect of mum and dad splitting up. As a parent, you can make the process and its effects less painful for your children. Helping your kids cope with divorce means providing stability in your home and attending to your children’s needs with a reassuring, positive attitude.
Bright Ideas Child Psychologist can help you to help your child cope with changes at home, as well as providing your child with a safe place to talk about how they are feeling and to adjust more readily to step families.
An appointment can be made to see how Bright Ideas can work with you to resolve this issue. Call 02 9957 5858 to book free 15 mins Phone Consultation or Simply fill the contact us form and we will call you.
The types of issue Bright Ideas can help children & adolescents with are :
- Low self-esteem
- Vocational counselling and coaching for enhanced performance at school
- Case conferencing/ case management with school and other therapists
- Self harm counselling
- Bright Ideas Psychology provides coaching for exam success.
- Bullying at school
- Parenting strategies/ parenting counselling
- Child or teenage behavior problems/ behavioural therapy for children
- Ways to overcome from separation anxiety, obsessive and compulsive behaviors, traumatic stress and phobias)
- Learn creative techniques and strategies to help manage anxiety during this challenging period
- Adjustment difficulties
- Child sexual abuse counselling with a child abuse counselor
A referral is not necessary; however clients can obtain an$81.79 rebate per session from Medicare if they obtain a Mental Health Care Plan from their Doctor. Rebates from many Health Insurers are also available.